Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello Again

Well, a few weeks ago one of Adam's sisters moved out to New York for grad school. So now, two of his sisters live out of state, and lots of our extended family live out of state. I have recommitted myself to keeping this updated especially for them. We'll see how well I do!

The other day, while at a choir rehearsal, I was talking to a new friend who has triplets. (I was asking her how on earth she managed:) She asked me about my twins and how old they were etc. When I responded that they are three her reply was, "Oh, that is an age." My mom, who was sitting next to her started laughing and said, "She needed to hear that!"

Yes, it certainly is an age! The last few weeks have been so crazy. Attitudes flaring up, independence bursting out like crazy- especially in the form of (but not limited to) not wanting to go potty, not wanting to go to bed, major fits when the tv is turned off, or I said no to more treats. In fact, the tv and sugar were both elimintated completely for a while much to Bryants utter dismay. Oh- and not to mention BED TIME!!!! Do they make tents for twin size beds? Crib tents were the best thing ever and I desperately miss them. Caitlyn's practically permanent new bed is ours- until we go to bed. But she still can wiggle, entertain herself and do who know what to keep herself awake. She kept herself awake until ten at least twice this week. I was at my wits end. I had run out of ideas and methods. And I am positive that the lack of sleep has contributed to all of the independence, attitude, tantrum issues as well. BUT, after a week of sleep, sugar and tv nazi mom, I think things are calming down- knock on wood.

Amidst all of their chaos, they are saying the cutest things, doing the cutest things, and growing up right before my eyes. Bryant said tonight "izza-bizza" Adam said, "what is that?" "It is my Spanish word." "Oh, what does it mean in Spanish?" "It means sometimes when you go down to Spanish Fork you splash in the water." (or something like that) haha. One of Caitlyn's favorite things in the world is to pretend I am Caitlyn and She is Catherine. As soon as I call her mom I have her wrapped around my finger and can basically get her to do anything. She loves to pretend to make me food. The other day when I was making some crackers she ran to get her cooking stuff and we did it together. She told me that some day she could do real cooking "over there" pointing to the oven. I am flattered that she loves to imitate everything I do.

Adam is going to have a pretty hard schedule this semester. He has 5 classes, a field work experience and got a research assistant job which helps reduce tuition and gives a small stipend. I have a feeling we won't see him much- and when we do, he will be working on school. He is nervous, but still glad he got the job. May be with him being so busy the semester will go faster...

I am doing the same old stuff- house stuff, cooking, preschool and of course my sweet and energetic kids. Ha I just remembered one time years and years ago when my roommate Abby- although we might have still been in high school- mentioned something about how Adam and I were going to be in for it because we both talked so much. Boy was she right! We have two chatterboxes! Of course, they both get a little shy around new people- especially Caitlyn, but boy, if they are comfortable, watch out. In fact, I will upload some highlights of a story Caitlyn told Adam one Sunday morning. She went on for 18 minutes until Adam had to cut her off to go to a meeting. I edited it down to 6 and a half minutes. You should at least listen to the beginning and a bit before the end. I think the whole thing is absolutely hilarious- not that I am biased or anything!

5 comments:

rachie_lelei said...

I love this!! And I love the clip at the end too!!

Beth said...

Catherine, that is so cute! It will be perfect when she has one just like she is and can pull it out and show her.

Lynne said...

They are so cute - even when exerting their independence! I loved that!

Rebekah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebekah said...

Thanks for the update. Charly loved hearing Caitlyn talking about her pink curly hair. ;-)