I have decided that blogging has one thing in common with reading for your college courses. Once you get behind, it is impossible to catch up adequately- you may as well keep going from where you are so that at least you do something!
So I will do a brief skim over the last 6 months- (sheesh has it really been that long!)
-Adam graduated!!!! Adam and Catherine took a great vacation to Las Vegas sans kids for a week thanks to lots of help from parents and siblings who babysat.
-We got a new computer!!
-Catherine spends time in her parents' garden with her mom and loves eating from it :)
-The kids are growing up so fast and are chatter boxes- even if not all of the words are understandable.
-Caitlyn has enough hair for a tiny pony tail on top with bows- Catherine is thrilled:)
-We have gone camping with both families, and alone, in a new and AWESOME tent from REI.
-We -especially catherine- have attended lots of reunions
-Catherine has spent HOURS trying to get insurance stuff to work out. Don't get her started- or Adam ;)
-Catherine finished preschool and decided not to teach next year- just to be a mom.
So- that is a brief catch up.
Now that August is here ( YIKES!! TIME FLIES!) I have every intention of having awesome garden yields, finishing insurance issues, sending off preschool pictures and graduation videos- which means I have to get them off the broken computer somehow- and helping Adam do whatever he needs as he is starting to finish all the stuff left to apply for grad schools. And of course, enjoying all the fun stuff our children say and do.
Favorite moments of this last week were Camping with my family in Mapleton canyon and experiencing the first night camping that the babies did not wake-up!!! The babies had SO much fun, but were glad to come home. Bryant was hilarious- the last day he ended up in timeout in the car- buckled- for continuing to go in the street. He just sat there completely content. When I went to get him out he screamed at me. I asked what the problem was and he said "Home?" I started laughing and asked if he was ready to be done camping a go home. he looked at me with his big blue eyes and nodded twice. It was so funny to me. He really had fun- especially sneaking off to the water spicket and soaking himself almost daily. Caitlyn loved the little doggie that belonged to the ranger. She was so excited every time he came by so she could pet it.
Favorite moment of two weeks ago- the whole Perkins stay-cation was awesome! The kids LOVED spending so much time at grandma and papas house and with cousins and LOVED the fact that they got to go swimming every day. They are always asking me if they can put on their "swimming soup"
Sigh- now I have had fun reminiscing over the last two weeks, I have to go face the laundry that those weeks created!
1 comment:
My son Scott (almost 16 now) used to ask to put on his swimming "soup" (just like your kids!) and go in the "cool". It doesn't seem like that long ago...
Post a Comment