Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wow it has been a long time.

I didn't realize how long it has been since I updated our blog. We have made some milestones the last month in getting ready for our babies. Unfortunately the BIG milestone has not come yet :) I can't WAIT for that to happen. Instead I have to content myself in getting ready for them to come and keeping myself occupied.

The twins are healthy and safe to come any time now- tomorrow I will be 35 weeks. (I measure what a single pregnancy measures at 40 weeks however- lovely huh.) My doctor said "Unfortunately from here on out is when twin mothers get really uncomfortable." My thought was- "So what have I been for the last month?" Ha ha- funny story to go along with that. We had to make a trip to the hospital to check some leaking that could possibly be water breaking. It ended up being my sweet sons head on the bladder creating a nice slow leak- thanks a lot Bryant :) Anyways, the nurse did the whole monitoring thing and was thoroughly entertained by how active my children are. She asked my son, "What are you doing, you crazy cabanshee?" and later said to me, "Wow. You must feel like you have an octopus inside of you with all of those arms and legs wiggling all over the place in there." It was great to be validated :)

So before I show you pictures of what I have been doing I will tell you about Adam. He ended the summer working three jobs- not his ideal for ending the last free summer he had. He quit NuSkin and his research job and now is only a mentor at TELOS- a residential treatment center for boys. Then much to Adam's dismay he had to start school again. His classes are extremely challenging this semester- we will see how that plays out with becoming a dad a few weeks into the semester too. Poor guy. I think he will do great- but I am sure it will be very hard. He is also starting the Body for Life program because he wants to be even more of a hunk than he is. That is a lot of "new" and challenging stuff to me, but he seems to be doing just great.

I spent a lot of time at my parents' home while he was gone and enjoyed my family's company as well as their new remodel. I also had two baby showers and have had fun organizing everything into the nursery afterward. It has been amazing- I really think we have everything we need. Here are some pictures of the nursery. Aside from the nursery and cleaning the house a little here and there I have gone to my mom's and helped in some canning preparations. So- enough words, here are a few pictures.


This is a fun picture at one of my showers- my sister Marci is in the middle. They were trying to see how many cotton balls they could pick up with their noses- which had Vaseline on them :)


This is "my chair" and the crib angle of the nursery. I Love my chair by the way. It will be more crowded once we put the other crib there in a few months, but I am enjoying it right now.

The changing station. I love my changing table I can't even tell you! It is great, and I think it is cute too :)


Our two little car seats- stowed away in the closet under their clothes. My grandma Johnson made those two little blankets in the car seats. This is her home by the way. She sent these with my family when they visited them in Nauvoo.

These are some fun decoration things I put up. The pictures will obviously have to get filled in when I have pictures of my sweethearts, but the little curio has some little trinkets I had or found here at Grandma's in her toy chest. The little black baby shoes were mine when I was a baby :). The white shelves and curio look really cute against the light green walls- even though you can't really see the color.

Hopefully our next entry will have lots of pictures of two new people that I can't wait to meet!!
And hopefully that post will be sooner than later. However, as tomorrow I will be 35 weeks and they will induce me at 38, we are looking at the very longest 3 weeks away!!!! Yay!

6 comments:

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations on making it 35 weeks! What a huge accomplishment. I hope you continue to have a smooth delivery and pregnancy.

Tricia said...

I am so excited for you!! I wish there was a picture of YOU!! I so wish I was there. I want to call you and we can catch up.

Courtney said...

I was just thinking today that I needed to talk to you and see how you were doing. I am SO EXCITED for your little ones to come! New rockette babies! For your sake I hope you don't have to wait 3 more weeks. Keep us updated and make sure Adam sends pictures of your kiddos when they come.

Daniel and Chelsea said...

Hi! Your nursery looks so great! Hopefully we will be able to see you when we come down on our whirl wind trip in a couple of weeks! Maybe you will have your kidlets by then!

Rosalee said...

I'm glad you updated your blog. I've been thinking about you and was worried because I hadn't heard anything from you. I am super excited for you to have your twins! Babies are absolutely wonderful!

The Proctors said...

Are there babies yet? I heard you entered the hospital (McKay told me, but can't give me any updates since he also no longer works at Nu Skin) but that nothing had happened yet. I think that was on Thursday. So...any news?