Saturday, October 04, 2008

They are here!

Here is a quick post of our little ones.

The first picture is Catherine and I in the Operating Room (just in case she needed a c-section which she didn't).


The second picture is Catherine with Bryant in her left hand (your right) and Caitlyn in her right hand (your left).


The third picture is Caitlyn in the Nursery. She was 5 lbs. 12 oz.


The 4th picture is Bryant in the Nursery. He was 6 lbs. 2 oz.


Here they are together to meet mama again after being cleaned up. Caitlyn is on the left, Bryant is on the right. He paved the way for his sister, so his head is quite a bit more oblong than hers, and he has a Jewish Kippah-shaped bruise on the back of his head (poor guy). You can't really notice that in this picture though.

It is currently 1:35 am (Saturday morning). Both Caitlyn's and Bryant's blood sugar levels were low. They both got a feeding of formula to boost it, then a booster I.V. (one dose). That booster IV brought Bryant up to normal sugar levels, but Caitlyn was still struggling. So, Caitlyn is in the NICU on a constant IV and has to stay there through the night until she can manage her blood sugar levels on her own. Bryant is currently in the Nursery, and will be brought into our room to sleep with us at about 2:30 (he has to get some routine things checked, then they'll bring them in).

Catherine is exhausted. She did a GREAT job today, and deserves plenty of rest. I am so proud of her. She is doing fine (other than medication induced exhaustion).

We are unexplainably happy to finally have these little ones here. Bring on the sleepless nights ;-)
Hope you all enjoy!

16 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats you two! It's high time those two little ones came. Cat I can't belive you delivered 2 babies vaginally. Kudos to you girl!!! You look great for just having given birth. They are absolutely adorable.

Tricia said...

Congratulations!! They are SO cute! I can't tell who they look like, a nice mixture of both of you. I kept checking your blog for the last week to see if they were here yet. I am so glad they are now. :)

Janna said...

Congratulations!!! Oh my word, they are adorable. I am so excited for you guys. Being parents is so amazing. Every sleepless night is so worth it. Enjoy them.
Janna

Dan & Ashley said...

YEAH! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. They are so perfect. We'll come visit soon!

Abs said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear the full story. They are SO cute and so big. Good job Cat!

The Oman Family said...

Congratulations!! I am so glad that they are good sized. Catherine, you are amazing!! They are cute little kids. Congrats!!!

Amy said...

They are beautiful. Great job Catherine! I can't wait til you guys bring them home. I hope you get plenty of rest in the hospital while you're there.
See you soon.

Brandon and Natalie said...

They are so beautiful! I am glad to hear everything went well! Don't you love the little bows they put in the girls hair. Congratulations!

kimmers said...

Congratulations you guys! They are so beautiful. My parents were so excited to hear your good news! :)

The Proctors said...

They are so beautiful! Adam, I am sad that you don't work with us anymore to tell us all about them. So cute! Keep us updated on your blog!

Shalon said...

I am SO excited for you two! Those two little angels are so lucky to have such amazing parents. What a blessing that delivery went so smoothly. I'll keep little Caitlyn in my prayers!

Steve said...

How Awesome! I'm so thrilled for you both! PS: Now that I've commented, you can access my blog from my profile link

Rosalee said...

Congratulations Catherine! I am SO happy for you! They are SOOOO adorable! Congratulations again! We should get together in a while so we can see each other's babies! Love ya!

wendospendo said...

Congrats! They are both soo cute. What a fun adventure awaits you both.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats. What beautiful babies! I am so happy for you both! - Rachel (Krause) Smith

Marla said...

That's awesome! A girl and a boy! That's the way to go...in my unbiased opinion. Glad mother and babies are doing well! I am so excited for the proud and happy parents!