Monday, July 21, 2008

The Belly

So, let's have a drum roll......... here are some much asked for "belly pictures." Though our card reader on the computer is still non-functional, Adam and I decided to use his mom's computer to get the pictures off our camera and we put them on our external hard drive. YEAH- he is brilliant. Anyway, I have compiled a few pictures that show my tummy. I have put them in chronological order so you can sort of see the progression.


Just for kicks... Taken March 22...10 weeks. I know I am not "showing" but I felt like I was. The pants I was wearing were rubber banded shut. This was at the peak of my sick months I think, so though I didn't look extremely pregnant, I felt extremely pregnant :)


These two were taken the last day of school- May 30th...20 weeks



Ok- not the best picture of us or of the belly, but if you look you can see it starting to "pop" just a little bit. This was taken in the Sand Dunes May 31st... 20 weeks



Amanda Stevenson, Julie Miller and I June 27th...24 weeks



Working on logistics of turning grandpa's office into a nursery.
I think this was taken June 28th... 24 weeks


Latest picture of me on our camera: taken 4th of July... 25 weeks

I am so brilliant. I thought, "This was a month ago, I am bigger now. I will take one right now." So I got all ready to take it and then realized that I still have the card reader problem. SO- Adam is the brilliant one and I am not :)
I actually have a couple more that were recently taken at a family photo shoot with the Perkins. I need to get them from my sister in law and then I will post those too. It is amazing to me how much bigger I felt( feel) inside than I looked (look) on the outside. Sheesh.

Abby and Courtney asked when my "due date" is. So for all who are interested you get the long answer to that question. I am technically due October 17th. However, my doctors will not let me get to 40 weeks. If the kids have not come by 38 weeks (October 3rd- 11 weeks away) the doctor's will take them anyway. But- 36 weeks is considered full term for twins (September 19th- 9 weeks away) This sounds like a perfect due date to me! AND because pre-term labor is such a huge deal in twin pregnancies if I go into labor they will do anything to stop the labor until 34 weeks (September 5th- 7 weeks away). After this date, if I go into labor the doctors will let our kiddoes come. Wahoo!

9 comments:

Abs said...

You really are the cutest pregnant person ever. Thanks for the update--and yikes, here I was thinking that I had forever to make presents, and I'd better get cracking!

Rosalee said...

You look really cute! It's crazy that you could actually have your babies before I have mine! Wow! I hope all is going well!

The Oman Family said...

I wish I looked that good pregnant Catherine!! Hope the pregnancy continues to go well!

Joni said...

Congratulations! I stumbled on to your blog through Beth and Natalie's...I am thrilled for you and will have to check back in a few weeks for updates....Twins will be fun! Hopefully you are going to get to stay home with them! You'll love it!

Courtney said...

Yay for pregnancy pictures! Only 7 weeks? I need to get to work on your other blanket and fast! If you could keep those two in there for at least 8 weeks, that would be really helpful to me. :-)

Unknown said...

I've been waiting FOREVER to see these pics...thank you sooo much for posting them. I can't wait to see you in August!
Love you cuz!
Ann

Brandon and Natalie said...

You are an adorable pregnant lady! I hope everything continues to go well in your pregnancy. Any names yet?

Marla said...

Can I be completely honest? You are so stinking cute pregnant..which isn't a surprise, you were cute before you were pregnant! Way fun to see you with two little people growing inside you! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

You are getting so big! Catherine, I haven't seen you since high school! Same with Adam. You look great! Congratulations on twins!