Saturday, April 12, 2008

So, it has been a while...

I know, I know. I keep saying we will update our blog and then not doing it. But here I am, lying in bed enjoying my first day of spring break and I figured-hey- if I do the blog I have one more excuse to stay in bed a little longer :) Bring out the laptop!!

Even though our blog would indicate that the only thing we do is get married, teach and camp, we do have more of a life than that, and that is why I never get on here :) This is Catherine by the way- I think Adam has done 99% of this thing.

Since our last posts:
Adam regretfully returned to school (he would love to change his major to retirement 101).
Instead he changed it to Marriage, Family, and Human Development (emphasis on the human development part) planning to attend Occupational Therapy School somewhere when he is done.

Adam still loves camping. He already has gone with his brother and friends, and has several trips planned for the summer. I am sure these excursions will eventually end up on the blog. I did not go with them- to everyone else's relief- as I was throwing up all that weekend.

Adam is still working for Nu Skin as a Distributor Support Agent. He has enjoyed a little break from so many hours this semester, but come summer is facing possible increase of hours with Nu Skin as well as a research job at BYU with one of the MFHD professors.

Adam has recently become the Jedi Master for his nephews' birthday parties (McKay became Darth Maul). Pictures forthcoming. No wonder they like their uncles better than aunt Catherine :) The kids have had SOOOOO much fun (and inwardly I think Adam and McKay had just as much fun, they just can't show it the way 3-7 year olds do :)

Catherine returned for a second year of teaching. I have a pretty difficult class. Unfortunately for me the principle, other office people, kindergarten teachers, resource team and school psychologist all seem to agree that it is a very hard class- full of all sorts of difficult issues. I still have learned to love my students (most of the time.) I have some great pictures which are illegal for me to post, but I have some art work that is legal hehe. I will find them and post them too. This year we started an all day kindergarten program. The model we use will change next year, but this year we had the same students all day long. They have made a lot of progress, and I love the option to have the students who need the help have the option of being there all day. (Especially since most of them would be in a day care anyway.)

Catherine was the counselor working with the Mia Maids in our last ward. This was such a wonderful calling. I loved it so much. Even though it was really strenuous and you never feel like you can possibly do enough to magnify that calling.

Last summer my dad's parents approached us to see if we would be willing to house sit if they went on a mission. (Hmm, let me think about that one!!) Of course we said we would be more than happy to "help" them. They turned in their papers and we awaited the call.
Their availability date was in January. If they were leaving in January, we were planning to move in during the Christmas Break. If it was later we would wait... so we thought. They were called to enter the MTC in the middle of February. For me, there was no worse time- I had parent teacher conferences followed by a week in Ohio for a conference that my district was sending the all day kindergarten teachers to (that is a lot of sub plans and preparation!!) and when we returned I had just a week or so to enter all of my grades. I felt a WEE bit overwhelmed with trying to squeeze a move in.
We talked to my other grandparents who owned the apartment we were renting and it was better for them if we left at the change of a semester for renting purposes. SO then we called Grandma and Grandpa Johnson and they were very happy for us to move in to their basement while they were upstairs before they left. We had a blast living with them. They have so many great stories and it was just fun to have more people to talk to than just the two of us.
I made it through all the craziness of parent teacher confereneces and then the Ohio trip. Stress got to me a little- I was feeling a little sick, but nothing to worry about... except that I kept getting really really dizzy. I was sure I couldn't be pregnant because we had just received some information from my doctor that indicated that would be fairly unlikely. However, the dizziness was so bothersome I decided to talk to my doctor about it. I knew that the first question any doctor asks is "are you pregnant" and a "no that would be highly unlikely" would not be a sufficient answer. So, I took the test, and lo and behold it was positive. This concerned me only in the fact that I had been cramping a lot and with my history of miscarriages I knew that could not be good. So we quickly called the doctor, had blood work done, ultrasounds done and hormones to take to boost my own so that I would not loose a third pregnancy. In the ultrasounds we found that we would be having twins!! So, the nausea in Ohio was a little more than I expected, and has lasted a lot longer too:) I have been pretty sick, but every time I throw up I just think I am glad I am still pregnant. And boy am I glad that we didn't try to add moving AND puking 2-3 times a day into the previous list of what Febraury entailed! Everything really worked out miraculously. I make it through a day of teaching and I crash on the couch.

So up on deck:
Adam will be working two jobs for the summer. He is the most incredible guy. I feel pretty guilty having him work two jobs while I will be at home getting the house ready and avoiding bed rest. At least he also has a lot of fun camping trips and a family vacation to look forward to.
Catherine is quitting teaching. The twins are due in October- besides the fact that I want to be home with them- I think trying to teach would be suicide. I thought for insurance purposes may be I could eek out another year doing half time. My wise mother in law who had twins (obviously- Adam being one of them:) brought me back to earth and told me that I was completely out of my mind.


We have lots of pictures to post, but one problem. Most of them are on our desktop which is currently needing a replacement power supply or something like that. So- as soon as we can we can get those pictures posted. I guess that is all for now,
Catherine and Adam

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Yay for updates!!! Andrew and I are so excited for the twins to come in October and hope that your morning sickness will pass very soon. Keep posting!

tristanandtricia said...

YAY!!! I am so excited to hear the updates. I am so excited to hear you planning for the twins too. You may be amazing, Cat...but I'm glad Adam's mom could tell you about twins. Even though the extra money would help, you would be SOOO tired. I'm happy for you! :) I think about you often and miss you tons.

Leohtbaere said...

Finally! I'm glad to see new posts. Even though we all see each other pretty much every week there is a lot that gets missed in the craziness of Sunday dinners.

Unknown said...

Cathrine and Adam
Congrats from us we really truly are VERY excited. Sorry to hear about all the miscarages, its tough but look now you have twins....that wouldn't be possible if you had kept one of the last pregnancies right. Two babies for 1 labor session is a great deal! Well life will be crazy with two, you're not supposed to out kid me in one move. :) We miss you guyus terribly, we can't wait to see you in Aug.
TTYL
Ann, Jeff, Ehre and Benjamin!

Abs said...

Sheesh your life is crazy busy! I'm so excited for you! I wish I was closer so I could clean your toilets for you...but Adam with just have to do it. Keep updating we all want to know how it goes!

The Oman Family said...

Catherine, This is Anna (Taylor) Oman! I found your blog on Abbys. Congrats on the twins!! I hope this pregnancy goes well for you. October is a great month to be born in (my b-day is the 21st). Sounds like you guys are crazy busy!!