Tomorrow is one of the "big days" for the pregnancy. Catherine is 20.5 weeks with our twins, and tomorrow is the appointment where we find out the genders. Catherine is nervous that they will try to maintain privacy and not let us get a good look, but I am confident we'll find out. Guesses anyone? Anyone? Catherine and I think it will be a girl AND a boy. We don't know why we feel that, but we have felt that for awhile. Whether it's intuition, or wild guessing, who knows.
IF it's not a boy and a girl, then we think it is two boys. Neither of us have ever thought of having two girls, but would be absolutely delighted to be surprised! Getting ready for these little ones has been fun and expensive! ;-) Buying for two makes us look forward to having just one sometime in the future. Catherine is great at finding good deals though. She got a TON of baby clothes at a giant garage sale for $30. BYU students donate the clothes, and we hit the jackpot! As we speak, Catherine is finishing up on a set of 2 baby pajamas she sewed with a little hood, mittens, and covered feet attached. She is so excited about them, I am sure you will see them on the blog soon.
Well, this post is turning out to be longer than expected. We are SO excited to have these little ones coming into our lives. It has been a long time in waiting, and the time has finally come. Thank you all for your prayers and support.
I guess I will post a picture. We've been lucky enough to have a few ultrasounds BEFORE the one we'll get tomorrow. They were too small to notice the gender then, but awesome pictures nonetheless.
The picture on the left is looking at both babies and the sack lining can be seen separating them.
The top-right picture is "Baby A." If you look carefully, you can see the left arm at the top being bent, and the hand is behind the head (like in a relaxed reclining position). The baby's head is on the left, and the body is on the right. It was mimicking it's mom (whose left arm was behind her head at the time of the ultrasound). Looks like I'm in trouble. Hopefully the other is like dad.
The bottom-right picture is "Baby B." This picture can also be a little difficult to decipher. At the very top left hand side, you can see the baby's profile looking upward. You can see a little nose, lips, and chin. To use an extremely overused word... "Cute."
4 comments:
How exciting! Let us know today, please!
I agree with Catherine. I think it will be a boy and a girl...but the girl will end up being older.
Yay for ultrasounds!!! You must let us know ASAP what you are having because I am so excited for you and need to get working on a second blanket.
How exciting! We had vibes that we would have a boy and a girl and we were right.
I will be looking forward to the update and hope everything looks good on the U/S
Post a Comment