Thursday, May 03, 2007

It has been a while!

May be since we will be checking Rachel's blog we will remember to do our own. And may be it will encourage us to take pictures of ourselves- (we are REALLY bad at that).

Let's see. Adam has fallen in love again. I am excited it is a love I can share with him and not be jealous of though. His new love: well it is hard to say- REI- his new tent and sleeping bag and pack which we haven't picked up quite yet-Camping in general. But I really love camping, so this is exciting for me too (not quite as exciting for him though.) He made me laugh when we went to REI to get the tent. He exclaimed, "A store THAT big dedicated all to camping!!" I don't know how many of you remember his five year old birthday video. He is a spaz waiting to open all of his presents. Well, this week has been a huge repeat of that scene, and I LOVE it!!! We did take a picture of us setting up our tent in our house and sleeping in it. But Adam will have to post that one.

Adam has also just transferred positions at NuSkin. HE is now in a different building and gets paid a tiny bit more, but doesn't work on Saturdays ever!! He will now be taking calls to help distributors of NuSkin products understand how to get their commission checks etc. It is extremely complicated and Adam comes home from training each day a bit overloaded I think with the ins and outs of it all. He feels confident thought that in a month of doing it he will be as "pro" at it as he was at the other stuff. His old boss was REALLY sad to loose him, and that was really flattering to him. He is so fantastic with people, so I think it is awesome that his superiors recognize that and value that. They really love him a lot. It is so great to work in a place you feel valued (especially when you don't LOVE the tasks of your job). I am really proud of him and I think it is just awesome what he id doing.

I am suffering from major summer fever. This is the first time in five-six? years that I have not been tied to the BYU semester schedule. My spring break came right during Adam's finals, so I had lots of down time with him. I am exceedingly ready for summer to come!!! Adam always reminds me that he works as long as I am supposed to. I always remind him that I have to stay a little longer or I am not prepared. Every time I am not prepared I want to shoot myself because it is so hard the next day. I will still have TONS of school stuff to do all summer, but it will be so nice not to have to manage 26 kids and do all of that for a little bit. I believe there are 19 school days left. Wahoo! This has been a really great first year. The best part though is that next year inevitably will be better!!! I am so excited to try again and do a better job. However, I need a summer before I am ready for that just yet!

We love all of you tons, and we are both excited for summer time when everyone is here and we can play together!
Catherine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is really going to be fun (reading everyone's blogs)! And actually,this is Mom speaking.

Anonymous said...

I stopped checking because I thought you guys had given up on this. Thanks for the update. Even though we see each other regularly, we rarely talk about a lot of this stuff and it's nice to know.

Rebekah said...

I loved the allusion to Adam's 5th birthday spaz. "WHERE'S MY DOLLAR???"