I LOVE teaching but it sure is a lot of work. Speaking from recent experience, getting sick does not fit into a teacher's life style any better than a college student's. In fact, I think it fits worse. Sub plans stink and take for EVER (Therefore, I avoid it as much as possible). Preparing materials takes almost as long. And, For everyone's enlightenment, if you try and talk over 26 five year olds and you can't talk louder than a whisper, they don't think you are serious and all previous gains of management in the year are lost. After a week of croaking at my kids they finally remembered how to act at school. YAY!! I had to laugh when a girls said in a very dramatic voice, "Teacher, your voice sounds MUCH better!" Inside I thought "so THAT is why you guys have suddenly remembered over the long weekend how to behave in a kindergarten class." Whatever the reason, Wahoo!
1 comment:
Teach away. I am Tod Robbins, and I am knowing you before. Anyhow, hope you two are doing well. I am just schooling in public history at UVSC and having lots of bunk relationships, haha.
Anyhow, we'll have to catch up soon, hopefully before the reunion in March.
Hearts and kittens,
---Tod
Post a Comment