
I ride Trax one day a week (Monday's) due to a fieldwork that I am doing in West Valley. The train I got on today is currently listed on KSL.com. We were riding along and felt a slight "bump" (it didn't even jerk us really badly at all) followed by a bumpy grinding before we came to a stop. We looked out our window and there was a pickup truck with the back of the bed smashed in and the contents of the truck (not the driver) all over the road. It got hit by the train, then swung around and stopped on the southbound tracks. It did NOT get hit again, but was blocking the southbound train which had to stop moments later. I called 911, they had already gotten multiple calls, 2 ambulances showed up very quickly, and I realized that if I missed my bus I would be stranded in SLC without any way of getting back to Pleasant Grove (that I knew about). So, everyone was getting off the train, and I ran like the wind from 900 S. 200 W. to 400 S. and Main in downtown SLC. I BARELY caught the Cedar Hills express and got home at normal time. Wow.
1 comment:
Whoa. Cool. So glad you weren't hurt!
Post a Comment